10 Ultimate PCOS Fertility Diet Tips To Increase Chances Of Pregnancy
PCOS is found in 4 to 20 % of women fertile age globally. It is one of the major causes of fertility issues in women today. If you are one of them, do not worry! It can be treated with proper measures and you can go for pregnancy.
Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS) is a hormonal disorder in women of childbearing age, causing enlarged ovaries, producing an abnormal amount of androgens, and numerous small cysts on the ovaries.
PCOS can bring about many complications which can turn out to be dangerous to your health. It causes irregular menstrual periods, infertility, weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, liver complications, uterine cancer, and depression.
Let's dive into the 10 diet tips that will increase your chances of pregnancy.
1. High-fiber diet: High-fiber food has immense benefits like enhancing insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol levels, boosting gut health, lowering blood pressure, maintaining sugar levels in the blood, and keeping the heart in good condition. Some of its common sources easily available are as follows: chickpeas, lentils, black beans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, strawberries, blueberries, brown rice, whole oats, etc.
2. Food rich in Lean protein: Lean protein has less saturated fats and hence it's low in calories. It is mostly found in salmon, shrimp, tuna, cod, chicken without skin, beans, peas, etc.
3. Avoid food items with added sugar or refined sugar. As this affects the insulin resistance and gaining weight in PCOS patients.
4. Opt for anti-inflammatory foods like tomatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, berries, olive oil, turmeric, pepper, etc. as it boosts the metabolism and reproduction.
5. Probiotic rich sources like curds and paneer help a great deal. These are rich sources of good bacteria.
6. Antioxidants are crucial as they help in insulin regularization, reduces inflammation, boosts reproductive hormones, and relieves stress. They are naturally found in cherries, red grapes, strawberries, spinach, whole grains, etc.
7. Including nuts in daily diet helps regulate Cholesterol, androgen, and insulin levels.
8. Common spices like cinnamon and turmeric reduce insulin resistance in women with PCOS.
9. Avoid caffeinated drinks and alcohol, since it causes female infertility.
10. Hold back from refined carbohydrates like white bread, white rice, pizza, etc. as they quickly increase insulin levels.
1. Can a woman with irregular periods get pregnant?
Answer; Yes, with appropriate techniques and measures she can get pregnant.
2. Sometimes, when a girl just starts menstruation, irregular periods are observed. Is it normal and how long it takes to regularize?
Answer; Yes this is normal. However, after her first menstruation, within three years she should have regular periods.
We at Fitness Foundation will assist you in your daily diet to treat PCOS. Also, our experts will accurately study your menstrual cycle and guide you in conceiving.
Connect with the Fitness Foundation on facebook for the best consultation service on the below link.
Along with the above-mentioned diet tips, day-to-day lifestyle changes can also help in treating fertility issues. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor for a piece of advice related to PCOS, regulate ovulation and conceiving. One should also keep in mind that reducing anxiety also helps in conceiving.